Graduation parties celebrate so much more than academic achievement; they mark a milestone in personal growth. By recognizing the individual of honor and their area of residence, your party food reinforces that you are proud of much more than their grades. From regional finger food to diploma cookies, we invite you to put your creativity to the test when designing your personalized graduation party menu.
This incredible Idaho-inspired food celebrates Idaho’s finest with creative and personal touches.
Ace These Idaho Graduation Food Ideas
Fun Graduation Party Finger Food Ideas
From custom-made party foods to tried and true menu items, we’re ready to help you enjoy a wide diversity of food with good company. Whether you’re hiring a caterer for your big party or preparing some food options yourself, here are a few small bites featuring Idaho’s local fare. They’re easy to prepare and eat, giving everyone more time to enjoy socializing:
- Mini quiches: Perfect for morning graduation parties. Add some diced vegetables to embrace the fresh farm-to-table food movement.
- Cougar cheese trio: So easy to grab, guests will mix and mingle with ease.
- Idaho potato boats: Incredibly satisfying and full of regional flare.
- Deviled eggs: Simply delicious and easy to prepare even for the largest graduation parties.
- Bacon balls: A winning combination of the incredibly popular bacon food trend and regional cuisine.
- Croquetas: Wrapped up with a diploma string garnish.
Fresh Summer Buffet and BBQ Ideas
Idaho gives us wonderful sweet summer ingredients. Our chefs do not have to look far to find the freshest produce and add brilliant flavor to summer menu items. One of the best ways to embrace popular seasonal ingredients is with a buffet full of summer salads like:
- Potato salad: Rich enough to be a comfort food but cool and refreshing enough for summer celebrations.
- Broccoli salad: A gentle reminder that healthy eating can be simple and delicious.
- Tortellini pasta: Add some fresh vegetables to make this a healthy yet satisfying summer side.
- Watermelon salad: Nothing says welcome to a summer party more than a juicy bite of watermelon.
For grads going to college in the West, especially Wyoming or Montana, you may plan a bbq-themed celebration. These light and healthy salads are the perfect pairing to whole pigs or pulled pork—two of our favorite graduation bbq ideas. And cowboy-themed or not, sugar baked beans and coleslaw sides make great additions to any graduation party menu.
Sweet Graduation Party Desserts
With huckleberry picking locations being a highly coveted regional feature, treat your guests to their bounty. Sweet all by themselves and a lovely addition to many desserts, here are some of our favorite ways to add one final regional touch to your custom menu:
- Custom sundae bar: A perfect topping on their own but even sweeter as a syrup, huckleberries are a wonderful addition to a custom sundae station.
- Hats off Oreo cheesecake bites: Bite-sized huckleberry cheesecakes topped with Oreo hats shine a light on your creativity and Idaho’s sweet berries.
- Pirouette diploma cookies: Wrap these elegant cookies with red, green and gold state colors.
- Huckleberry cake: Graduation cakes are one item guests are sure to be looking for. Just like the grad, make your cake stand out from the rest. A huckleberry flavored graduation cake or one with huckleberry icing of the grad’s initials or university adds a personal touch to this traditional graduation party dessert.
As a family business, we take exceptional pride in helping you plan a graduation party full of personal and regional pride. To start designing your custom menu, contact us online or give us a call at 208.743.0179.
More articles you might enjoy: